- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: Quick growing
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 40cm (+ or – 10% including the pot)
- Pot: Already in a hanging pot ready to hang
Trailing stems are clothed in leathery, rich green leaves that offer year-round interest, but then in summer, it can also produce showy pinkish red flowers. It’s a handsome plant, that can be hung straight up as soon as it arrives, but it looks equally good when placed on a shelf and left to trail.
- Home care: Although not difficult to grow they do have certain requirements. They are used to the humidity of tropical rainforests so mist the leaves regularly and water regularly with tepid kettle or rain water from spring to autumn. Reduce watering in the winter to allow the plant a rest with slightly cooler temperatures. Avoid drafts and feed regularly through the growing season with a balanced houseplant fertiliser.