- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: fertile: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 40cm (+ or – 10% including the pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
Add a tropical feel to your house with this decorative houseplant. Originating from Southeast Asia it needs warmth and humidity for the striking long spear- shaped, wavy edged leaves to develop. It has an upright form with strong stems flecked green and purple for added interest. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: If you have a warm, light bathroom this plant could be perfect. Otherwise stand the pot on a tray of damp pebbles to try and keep the humidity levels up and or mist regularly. Keep the temperature minimum of 16°C, warmer if possible. Water regularly in the summer, reducing through the winter, and feed with a liquid feed in spring/ summer every 3-4 weeks.