- Botanical Name:Colocasia Black Stem
- Height:3 – 4 Feet
- Depth:2 – 4 inches below soil level. Keep well-watered. It is best to mulch if not grown in standing water.
- Light Required:partial shade to full shade
- Size:7-9″ Bulb
- Flower Form:Insignificant. Plants are grown for the leaves.
- Soil Requirements:Deep, moisture-retentive soils.
- Growth Rate:Moderate
- Foliage:Leaves are lush shiny green on top and whitish with black veins underneath
- Comments:The tall, purple-black stems of the Colocasia Esculenta Black Stem are huge and luxurious, which creates a dramatic beauty in the garden. A heat lover that will thrive in the garden or in large containers on a deck, patio or entryway.
Unique variety carries large, glossy green leaves atop stunning, 3- to 4-ft. black stems. Pale undersides feature black veining for a truly dramatic effect. Can be grown in containers and moved indoors through the winter in northern climates. Prefers partial to full shade. 7-9 in. bulb. Zone 10.