- Botanical Name:Rosa ‘Blaze’
- Height:10 – 15 feet.
- Spacing:6 feet.
- Depth:Plant with bud union at soil surface or 2 inches below in cold climates.
- Spread:6 – 8 feet.
- Light Required:Full Sun
- Color:Medium Red
- Size:No. 1 To 1 1/2 Grade Bareroot
- Blooms:Late Spring, All Spring, Early Summer, Mid Summer, Late Summer, All Summer, Fall
- Flower Form:Medium 2-3″ semi-double
- Soil Requirements:Well-drained, loamy, moist soil.
- Growth Rate:Moderate to fast
- Pruning:In spring to remove old dead wood annually. After bloom, remove spent flowering laterals to between 2-3 buds of remaining branch. Early spring; after flowering
- Foliage:Dark leathery
- Comments:Improved version of Blaze. Blooms are at the heaviest in June and early Fall.
Vigorous climber grows 10-15 ft. and is gorgeous on a trellis or arbor. Plants are loaded with blossoms in June, bloom continues intermittently all summer, then finishes up the season with another heavy bloom period in early fall! An easy-to-grow variety. Zones 5-9. No. 1 to 1 1/2 grade.