- Botanical Name:Festuca glauca
- Height:8 – 12 Inches
- Spacing:8 – 10″
- Spread:8 – 10″
- Light Required:Full Sun
- Size:3″ Pot
- Blooms:Early Summer, Mid Summer
- Flower Form:Wheat-like seed heads are produced on tall spikey stalks.
- Soil Requirements:Clay Soil, Dry Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Growth Rate:Moderate.
- Pruning:In cool areas trim back almost to the base before winter or in early spring.
- Foliage:Intense bright blue/green soft thread-like leaves.
- Comments:An excellent choice for rock gardens, front borders, and along paths, this low-growing grass adds color and movement to the garden. Flower heads open above the green-blue foliage in early to midsummer. Prefers full sun.
An excellent choice for rock gardens, front borders and along paths, this low-growing ornamental grass adds color and movement to the garden. Flower heads open above the green-blue foliage in early summer to midsummer. Growing 10 in. tall with a similar spread, this easy-care, perennial grass grows best when planted in well-drained soil. Ornamental grasses are easy, low-maintenance ways to add movement and color to flower beds and landscapes. They can be planted with other ornamental grasses or in mixed perennial beds. Blue Festuca Grass is drought tolerant, once established. Deer tend to avoid. Prefers full sun. Zones 4-8.