- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 45cm (+ or – 10% including the pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 16cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
The leaves of this recent addition to the family, are mainly rich green, but they have small sections of bright yellow, which looks a little like a mosaic or stained glass window. Adding to the appeal is the leaves slightly scalloped edges, which gives it a textural feel. These plants are tough and resilient, so they are ideal for beginners – or people with busy lives. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Originating from tropical regions, they like relatively stable temperatures (ideally above 15C) and a well-lit position that does not get direct sunlight (think steamy jungle!). They like to be kept well watered, although this can be cut back a little in winter, and they thrive in high humidity, either grow it in a steamy room, mist it with water regularly, and/or sit the pot on a tray of dampened shingle.