- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained, poor to moderately fertile soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy annual (it will die after flowering)
Daisy-like flowerheads in a vivid shade of orange, create a wonderful display when they appear in profusion above the softly hairy, aromatic leaves. This fast-growing annual, is ideal for the filling gaps in the border and the flowers last well after being cut. The petals are edible and have a peppery flavour, which can be used to enhance the flavour and add colour to soups, meat, egg and rice dishes as well as salads. Easy and quick to grow, it is a great choice for a children’s garden.
- Garden care: In autumn or spring, either sow in situ into well-raked soil, or in a seed-tray or pot. Cover the seed with 1cm of soil or compost and thin out as the seedlings appear allowing 30cm between each plant. They require little care, although regular deadheading will prolong the already substantial flowering period.
- Sow: September – October or March-April
- Flowering: June-October
- Approximate quantity: 100 seeds.