- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: March to April
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection)
Delicious, almond-scented, whitish-pink, early spring flowers and mid-green leaves, emerging bronze-tinged. This vigorous, evergreen clematis is ideal for a sunny, west- or south-facing site. For maximum enjoyment of the sweetly scented flowers plant next to a house entrance or well worn path, allowing plenty of space for the plant to grow. Please be aware that this plant is toxic to dogs if eaten.
- Garden care: No routine pruning is necessary. If the spread of the plant needs to be restricted prune immediately after flowering, cutting back overlong shoots to healthy buds. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.