This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to August
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Large, creamy-white flowers, with chocolate brown anthers, are produced throughout the summer on this vigorous clematis. It is perfect for growing up a trellis with other climbers or to cover a wall. To encourage blooms to cover the whole plant, train stems so that they are evenly spaced on the trellis.
- Garden care: Remove dead and damaged stems before growth begins in early spring, cutting all remaining stems back to where strong buds are visible. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring