- Botanical Name:Rheum rhubarbarum ‘Crimson Red’
- Height:24 inches.
- Spacing:Set divisions 3 feet apart in rows 4 feet apart.
- Depth:Plant divisions 3 – 4 inches below the soil surface. Plant early Spring or Fall, do not harvest stalks 1st season. Harvest freely the following seasons.
- Spread:24 inches.
- Light Required:Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Yield:Good yields.
- Size:Jumbo Bareroot
- Fruit:One of the best ever for flavor. Sweet, yet agreeably tart. Produces ample yields of pleasingly plump, crimson stalks.
- Form:Vegetable, Perennial, Rhubarb
- Soil Requirements:Loamy Soil
- Growth Rate:Moderate growth rate.
- Foliage:Green leaves on top of crimson-red stalks.
- Comments:Rated excellent overall. Plump, flavorful fiber-free stalks with rich red color. Sweet, with a pleasing tartness. Root divisions. Perennial plants remain productive for decades. Use for pastries, pies, cobblers and sauces.
One of the best ever for flavor. Sweet, yet agreeably tart. Produces ample yields of pleasingly plump, crimson stalks. Zones 3-8 (2 with some winter protection).