- Botanical Name:Rosa ‘WEKcharlie’ PP22571
- Height:3-4 feet
- Spacing:3 feet
- Depth:Dig a hole large enough to spread out the roots without bending them. Firm the soil well and water thoroughly.
- Spread:2 feet
- Light Required:Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Color:Dark red velvety
- Size:#1 Bareroot
- Blooms:Late Spring, All Spring, Early Summer, Mid Summer, Late Summer, All Summer, Fall
- Flower Form:Medium-large, double
- Soil Requirements:Well drained, humus-rich amended, slightly acidic soil
- Growth Rate:Moderate once established
- Pruning:Deadhead continually. Early spring – remove dead or weak branches and prune to outward facing bud.
- Foliage:Glossy dark green foliage
- Comments:Red velvet blooms open with abandon all summer, getting larger and finer with cool weather in fall. Plants are 3-4′ tall, upright and densely leaved.
A stunning, velvety red rose. Its medium-large, double blooms and mild fragrance are sure to stop garden visitors in their tracks. Luscious blooms are set against highly glossed, deep green leaves. A medium-tall floribunda with upright, bushy habit. U.S. Patent No. 22571.