- Botanical Name:Rosa ‘WEKsmopur’ PP18850
- Height:2 – 4 feet
- Spacing:2 – 3 feet
- Spread:2 – 3 foot
- Light Required:Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Color:Deep plum Purple.
- Size:#1 Bareroot
- Blooms:Late Spring, All Spring, Early Summer, Mid Summer, Late Summer, All Summer, Fall
- Flower Form:Very double ruffled blooms approximately 3 – 4″ across.
- Soil Requirements:Well drained, humus enriched soil.
- Growth Rate:Moderate once established.
- Pruning:Prune to maintain shape and increase branching once established. Remove any dead or damaged branches. Shape plants at any time.
- Foliage:Medium to dark green, glossy leather foliage.
- Comments:New own root rose exhibits phenomenal flower power and super hardy plants from a rose plug. Roses grown on their own roots are naturally hardier than grafted roses. In cold climates, new shoots that emerge in Spring are true to type, not undersirable suckers below the bud union. These roses exhibit fuller more symmetrical rose plants with more fragrant, beautiful flowers. Floribunda types were introduced at the World’s Fair in 1939 and have been going strong ever since. This attractive deep plum-purple has an unusual flower color not widely seen and the buds and flowers rival hybrid tea roses.
- Size:18″ Bareroot Tree
Dusky deep purple buds swirl open to very double old-fashioned flowers of velvet plum washed with a haze of sultry smoke. The intense clove fragrance can nearly bowl you over. Beautiful deep, green foliage. PP18850