- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: September to October
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection in cold areas)
A handsome, tropical-looking, evergreen shrub that’s deservedly popular. It has huge, glossy, deep green palmate leaves and in autumn, produces showy panicles of spherical, creamy white flowers, which are often followed by round, black fruit. Try it in an exotic-style garden, where the large leaves team well with bamboos and grasses, or as a focal point for a shady corner.
- Garden care: Prune lightly in mid to late spring, trimming shoots that spoil the symmetry. Protect plants from cold, drying winds.