- Botanical Name:Caryopteris clandonensis ‘First Choice’
- Height:28 – 30 Inches
- Spacing:24″ – 26″
- Depth:Set at same level it is growing in the container. Water weekly the first season.
- Spread:20″ – 24″
- Light Required:Full Sun to Part Shade
- Color:Dark Purple-Blue and dark inky blue buds
- Blooms:Mid-summer to frost.
- Form:Deciduous flowering shrub.
- Flower Form:Dense clusters of very small, fluffy, bell-like flowers carried in the leaf axils
- Soil Requirements:Fertile, well-drained garden loam.
- Growth Rate:Fast once established, which takes approximately 4 – 6 weeks
- Pruning:None n/a
- Foliage:Glossy grey-green, long oval leaves with scalloped margins, aromatic
- Comments:Bred by Peter Catt in England, who is a recent recipient of the converted Victoria Medal of Honour from the RHS.
Mist of tiny purple-blue flowers open in late summer. Complements coneflowers, black-eyed Susans, tall sedums and ornamental grasses. Butterflies love it. A compact variety, it grows 2-3 ft. tall. Full sun. Zones 4-8. PP11958