- Botanical Name:Ligustrum ‘Vicaryi’
- Height:6 – 12 Feet
- Spacing:18 – 24″
- Depth:Dig a hole twice as deep and twice as wide as the container. Place the plant at the same level it is growing in the pot. Firm soil around the base of the plant and water thoroughly.
- Spread:18″ or closer for dense hedge(if unpruned, will grow to 2/3 of the height
- Light Required:Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Size:1 Gallon
- Blooms:Mid Spring
- Flower Form:Small clusters (with regular pruning, most people eliminate flowers).
- Soil Requirements:Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Dry Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning:Trim regularly to maintain as hedge. After flowering(or any time if flowers are unimportant).
- Foliage:Medium green leaves.
- Comments:Vicaryi, also known as Golden Privet, is a multi-stemmed, deciduous shrub with a vase-shaped habit. Features golden-yellow leaves and panicles of aromatic, tubular-shaped dull white flowers in spring. Bee and butterfly attractor.
An excellent shrub for borders and hedges-and now available in a gallon pot and shipping now. Growing 6-12 ft. tall with an 8-10 ft. spread, this deciduous shrub has golden-yellow leaves with a vase-shaped habit. In the spring, panicles of aromatic, tubular-shaped white flowers bloom, attracting bees and butterflies. Grows best when planted in full sun to partial shade. Drought tolerant, once established. Potted. Zones 5-8.