- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: poor or moderately fertile, moist, well-drained neutral to slightly alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: fully hardyA compact form that makes an incredibly decorative and colourful container or front of border plant. It is an evergreen shrub with glossy, red-edged, dark green leaves, which emerge with a vibrant plum flush in spring. They are held on upright reddish-purple stems that are topped with clusters of violet flowers from mid-summer to mid-autumn. This long-flowering plant is tolerant of pollution and salt-laden air.
- Garden care: Needs minimal pruning. Remove misplaced or frost damaged branches in late spring.