- Botanical Name:Asparagus officinalis ‘Jersey Supreme’
- Height:4 – 5 feet.
- Spacing:18 – 24 inches.
- Depth:6 – 10 inches.
- Spread:1 – 2.5 feet.
- Light Required:Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Yield:Heavy yields once established. Bears when roots are 3 years old, so if you purchase a 1 year plant, you can harvest in 2 years, if you order a 2 year plant you can harvest in one year. The Jumbo grade can be harvested the following year that it is planted
- Size:Giant Grade
- Days To Maturity:365 – 1095 Days
- Form:Vegetable, Asparagus
- Soil Requirements:Deeply worked, fertile soil.
- Growth Rate:Medium growth rate.
- Pruning:Cut down the fern stalks in early Spring before the new stalks start to come up.
- Foliage:Ferny green foliage.
- Comments:Can’t wait for that first asparagus in the Spring? Delicious, large spears are ready earlier than other varieties! All-male variety is cold hardy and disease resistant, with high yields and superb spear quality. Also great for those who sell at markets. Be the first one offering asparagus! Double the yields of older male/female varieties. Predominantly-male variety doesn’t produce ‘volunteers’ which attract insects, disease and compete for nutrients. High tolerance to major diseases which affect asparagus: Fusarium crown and root rot, rust and cercospera.
Can’t wait for that first asparagus in the spring? Delicious, large spears are ready earlier than other varieties! This hybrid variety is cold-hardy and disease-resistant, with high yields and superb spear quality. Also great for those who sell at market. Be the first one offering asparagus!