- Botanical Name:Spirea japonica ‘Lemon Princess’
- Height:18 – 24 Inches
- Spacing:2 – 4′
- Depth:Dig a hole twice as deep and twice as wide as the container. Place the plant at the same level it is growing in the pot. Firm soil around the base of the plant and water thoroughly.
- Spread:2 – 3′
- Light Required:Full Sun
- Size:1 Gallon
- Blooms:Early Summer, Mid Summer
- Flower Form:a multitude of very flowers forming flat-topped clusters
- Soil Requirements:Clay Soil, Loamy Soil
- Growth Rate:slow to get established taking several months, moderate growth there-after
- Pruning:none required n/a
- Foliage:Oval shaped leaves that are sharply toothed
Easy to grow shrub is easy to fit into rock gardens, hedges and along walkways. Named for the color the foliage starts out, Lemon Princess Spirea’s leaves are a unique shade of yellow with sharply toothed edges. It holds its yellow color longer than most before fading to green. Pink flowers clusters appear from late spring to midsummer. Lemon Princess has a compact, dense, upright growth habit and can reach 1 ½ to 2 ft. tall. It’s now available in a gallon pot and shipping now. Plant in full sun. Deer tend to avoid this plant. Potted. Zones 4-8.