- Botanical Name:Dianthus caryophyllus
- Height:18 inches.
- Spacing:12 – 24 inches.
- Depth:Plant with crown 1 inch below soil lsurface.
- Spread:12 – 18 inches.
- Light Required:Full Sun
- Color:Our choice of colors. Red, pink, white or yellow.
- Blooms:Late Spring, Early Summer
- Zone:3 – 8 (-30° F.)
- Form:Perennial, carnation
- Flower Form:Plump, fully double flowers.
- Soil Requirements:Well-drained, moist soil that is slightly alkaline.
- Growth Rate:Moderate growth rate.
- Pruning:Remove spent flowers to encourage rebloom.
- Foliage:Long narrow, needle-like, grey-green, evergreen in warmer climates.
- Comments:Cold-hardy outdoor variety! Plump, fully double flowers bloom in late Spring through early Summer. 18 inches tall. Our choice of colors. Best in full sun. Zones 3 – 8. Bareroot.
A wonderfully fragrant and long-lasting choice for cutting! The frilly blossoms fill the air with a sweet spicy scent from late spring to early summer, perched atop sturdy foot-high stems. Very adaptable and easy to grow, best planted in full sun to partial shade.