- Botanical Name:Philadelphus virginalis ‘Minnesota Snowflake’
- Height:6 – 8 feet.
- Spacing:10 feet.
- Spread:10 feet.
- Light Required:Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Size:12-18 In. Bareroot
- Blooms:Mid Spring, Late Spring
- Flower Form:2″ double flowered with 3 – 7 racemes.
- Soil Requirements:Moist well-drained soil.
- Growth Rate:Fast
- Pruning:Prune annually after the blooming period, to help maintain its shape, in early summer, since the shrub blooms on the previous year’s growth.
- Foliage:Serrate oval 3″ medium green leaves.
- Comments:A wonderful, orange-blossom-like fragrance makes this showy white-flowered shrub very popular. Vigorous and easy to grow, it’s great for foundation plantings or shrub borders.
Beautiful, fragrant blooms during late spring. Fully double white flowers have a rich, sweet perfume that lingers in the garden as well as in bouquets. Grows 5-7 ft. tall. Prefers full sun to partial shade.