- Botanical Name:Salix alba ‘Tristis’
- Height:40 – 50 feet.
- Spacing:40 – 60 feet.
- Depth:Plant so the stain on the trunk is at soil level. Water thoroughly after planting.
- Spread:40 – 60 feet.
- Light Required:Full sun.
- Size:2-3′ Bareroot
- Fruit:Not showy.
- Zone:2 – 9 (-50° F.).
- Form:Deciduous. Weeeping.
- Flower Form:Not showy (catkins).
- Soil Requirements:Moist soil.
- Growth Rate:Fast growth rate. 3 to 4 feet per year.
- Pruning:See pruning data sheet above.
- Foliage:Soft green foliage. Both leaves and bark turn gold in Fall.
- Comments:Prefers moist soil. If soil is heavy clay, add 1/3 peat moss to planting hole. Plant at same depth as at nursery. Growth: 15 plus inches per year. Broad, rounded top. Grows fast. Very graceful appearance. Wood is brittle. Soil pH: 6.0 – 6.7. Unable to ship to: AE, AK, GU, HI, PR.
One of the few weeping trees that thrive in Northern regions. Graceful branches sweep the ground. Both leaves and bark turn gold in fall. Grows 40-50 ft. tall. Soil adaptable. Bareroot.