- Botanical Name:Weigela florida ‘Variegata’
- Height:4 – 6 feet
- Spacing:4 – 5 feet
- Depth:Set plant at the same level it is growing at in the container. Firm soil well and water thoroughly.
- Spread:4 – 5 feet
- Light Required:Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Color:Deep pink with pale pink to white inside.
- Size:24-30 In. Bareroot
- Blooms:Late Spring, Early Summer, Mid Summer, Late Summer, All Summer, Fall
- Flower Form:1″ Foxglovelike flower, funnel-shaped in lower half, bell-shaped above with 5 spreading petals.
- Soil Requirements:Well-drained, average soil. Not too dry.
- Growth Rate:Medium
- Pruning:Prune to shape or to remove dead and broken branches. After flowering.
- Foliage:New growth is soft medium green, broadly edged with creamy white. Leaves are oval, toothed. Mature color is dark green in the center with lime green margins.
- Comments:Weigela named after German professor Christian Ehrenfried Weigel, who died in 1831.
Brighten your garden with this showy, flowering shrub. Growing 4-6 ft. tall with a 5 ft. spread, Pink Splash Weigela is easy to fit into the landscape—and it provides months of eye-catching color. Clusters of 1-in, funnel-shaped pink flowers bloom from late spring into fall, attracting hummingbirds for months! Gracefully arching shrub has green foliage edged with creamy white. This shrub will perform in city conditions. Grows best when planted in full sun. Zones 3-8.