- Botanical Name:Kalmia latifolia ‘Pristine’
- Height:36 Inches
- Depth:Dig a hole twice as deep and twice as wide as the container. Place the plant at the same level it is growing in the pot. Firm soil around the base of the plant and water thoroughly.
- Light Required:Plant in light shade, with some sun, for best flowering and best flower color development.
- Color:Pure white
- Size:1 Gallon
- Blooms:Mid Spring to Early Summer
- Form:Upright, mounded
- Flower Form:Small star-shaped flowers
- Soil Requirements:Well-drained, moisture-retentive, cool soil. Do not allow to dry out.
- Growth Rate:Moderate
- Pruning:Pruning which is best done just as flowering season ends to enable the new growth to set flower buds for the next year After flowering
- Foliage:Dark green foliage
- Comments:Pure white flowers shine bright against the handsome dark green foliage. Discovered in South Carolina; well adapted to heat and humidity. Compact habit.
A great little shrub to fit into the garden. Growing 3-4 ft. tall with a similar spread, Pristine Mountain Laurel has lush, evergreen foliage. In late spring to early summer, clusters of pure white blooms open against the green foliage. Grows best when planted in partial shade. Prefers acidic soil. Pristine Mountain Laurel is available in a gallon pot and shipping now. Potted. Zones 5-7.