Aptly named, the red dogwood brings a splash of color to the seasons. Red blooms cover the tree in spring, and reddish-purple leaves as well as glossy red fruit adorn it in the fall. This dogwood is a great landscape addition near utility lines, next to buildings, or near patios. It is also an excellent contrast tree for larger evergreen backgrounds.
- Displays red flowers in spring
- Provides reddish-purple fall color
- Produces red berries that attract songbirds
- Will be delivered at a height of 2’–3′
- The Red Dogwood grows in zones 5-9
- Mature Height: 20’–25′
- Mature Spread: N/A–25′
- Growth Rate: Medium
- Shape: Rounded
- Sun Preference: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Soil Preference: Acidic, Clay, Loamy, Moist, Rich, Sandy, Well-drained
- Wildlife Value: The red dogwood is an important source of food for many small birds and mammals including robins, cardinals and waxwings.