- Botanical Name:Pennisetum setaceum
- Height:24 – 32 inches
- Spacing:Plants need a 3 – 4 feet space at maturity because of the arching inflorescence grass blades.
- Depth:plant at depth in pot
- Spread:24 – 32 inches
- Light Required:Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Color:Rose turning to golden brown.
- Size:3″ Pot
- Blooms:Mid Summer, Late Summer
- Form:Perennial, Grass
- Flower Form:Plume.
- Soil Requirements:Light, moderately fertile soil that is well drained.
- Growth Rate:Fast.
- Pruning:Trim back old stems in late winter or early spring.
- Foliage:Long narrow, ribbon-like blades form a rounded mound.
- Comments:Ribbon-like blades pour from the center of a bright rose-colored fountain. Its color changes with the seasons, from rose in mid-Summer to golden brown when the weather gets cooler. Easy to maintain and can be enjoyed well into Winter.
A garden favorite, Rose Fountain Grass adds mid-height interest and color to your landscape. The blades on this ornamental are ribbon-like and change colors as the seasons change – from a beautiful rose color in midsummer to a golden brown as fall approaches. We find this grass easy to grow and maintain. Matures to a height of 24-32 inches and blooms in late summer. Zones 5-9.