This tree is an all-season beauty. Early in the spring, beautiful white clusters of blooms set it off against the new green of spring. Vivid red- and gold-hued foliage graces the landscape in the fall. And plump red berries are a favorite of birds in summer. The berries are also popular with the human crowd for pies, preserves, and fresh eating. Its year-round interest and smaller size make the downy serviceberry a versatile choice for landscaping.
- Blooms in March and April (depending on location), with delicate white flowers arranged in clusters
- Features vibrant fall foliage
- Produces fruit loved by birds
- Will be delivered at a height of 2’–3′
- The Serviceberry grows in zones 4-8
- Mature Height: 15’–25′
- Mature Spread: 15’–25′
- Growth Rate: Medium
- Shape: Rounded
- Sun Preference: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Soil Preference: Acidic, Moist, Well-drained
- Wildlife Value: The fruit this tree produces is loved by birds.