- Botanical Name:Polianthes tuberosa ‘The Pearl’
- Height:24 – 36 inches.
- Spacing:6 inches
- Depth:Plant 3 inches deep. After the first frost in early fall, lift and store indoors.
- Spread:6 inches.
- Light Required:Full Sun
- Color:Pink buds open up to waxy-White double flowers in loose spikes.
- Size:11-12 cm Bulb
- Blooms:Mid Summer, Late Summer
- Flower Form:Funnel shaped blooms in spike like racemes.
- Soil Requirements:Well-drained, humus enriched soil or moisture retentive potting soil for planting in decorative containers.
- Growth Rate:Moderate
- Pruning:Spent flower stalks. After flowering
- Foliage:Smooth-edged or minutely-toothed fleshy leaves clustered in more or less rosette fashion at or near the base of the branchless flower stalks.
- Comments:You’ll enjoy the beautiful fragrance of these double white blooms with soft pink tips. Perfect to grow in containers and makes a great cut flower, too! Plant in moist, well-drained soil. Fragrant favorite for bouquets. Fully double white flowers on stately 3 foot stems burst into fragrant bloom in July and August. Very attractive to butterflies. Lift bulbs in Fall for Winter storage. 11-12cm bulbs. For each offer ordered, you get 3 bulbs.
Beautiful and fragrant, the Pearl Double Tuberose is a favorite in the garden, containers, cut-flower arrangements and bouquets. The double white blooms are tipped with hints of pink, and bloom from mid to late summer. They’re very attractive to butterflies. Because of their fragrance, many gardeners like to plant them in containers near windows and home entrances. Plant the bulbs 3 in. deep in well-drained, humus-enriched soil or moisture retentive potting soil in the spring, after the danger of frost has passed. Bulbs should be lifted after the first frost in fall in zones 3-7. Grows 24-36 in. tall. Prefers full sun. 11-12 cm bulbs. Zones 3-10.