- Height:15 – 20 Inches
- Spacing:Sow 1 inch apart, thin plants to 2 – 3 inches apart, 24 – 36 inches between rows.
- Depth:1 – 1.5 inches.
- Light Required:Full Sun
- Size:2 Oz Seed Pkt
- Fruit:Stringless 4 inch pods. White seeded, near round , light-green pods.
- Days To Maturity:60 Days
- Germination:6 – 10 Days
- Form:Pole bean, annual
- Flower Form:Small white flowers.
- Soil Requirements:Rich, well-drained soil; pH 6.0-6.8.
- Growth Rate:Moderate to fast growth rate.
- Seed Count:2 oz. packet is approximately 150 seeds, 1/2 lb. is approximately 600 seeds.
- Foliage:Green foliage.
- Comments:The Southern States Volunteer Half Runner Pole Bean is a superior, rust-resistant strain of the White House Half Runner Bean initially selected by the researchers at the University of Tennessee.
Pole-type bean, but vines are half as long, so a support is not required. Holds tenderness in challenging weather of late summer. Stringless; resistant to rust and Bean Mosaic Virus. 60 DAYS. Seed Counts: A 2-oz. packet of snap bean seeds (bush and pole) contains about 150 seeds and sows a 25-ft. row. A 2-oz. packet of lima bean seeds (bush and pole) contains about 50 seeds and sows a 15-ft. row.