- Botanical Name:Cortaderia selloana
- Height:5 – 7 feet
- Spacing:4 – 5 feet
- Depth:Plant at the same depth it is in the pot.
- Spread:3 – 4 feet
- Light Required:Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Color:Silver white
- Size:3″ Pot
- Blooms:Mid Summer, Late Summer, All Summer, Fall
- Form:Grass, ornamental, pampas.
- Flower Form:Flower plums 1-3′ long, silvery white plumes.
- Soil Requirements:Moist, but not wet; well-drained, loamy soil.
- Growth Rate:Fast.
- Pruning:Cut foliage back to the ground in late winter.
- Foliage:Narrow grass blades.
- Comments:The foliage is sharp and may cut skin and catch clothing. Use gloves and some protective clothing when cleaning up and caring for. Big, puffy plumes and stately foliage. Grows 5-7 feet tall and blooms mid to late summer to form an outstanding screen. A favorite for drying-adds grace, texture and height to indoor arrangements. Best in full sun.
Long, silky blooms of white are sure to draw admiring glances no matter where you plant them. Blooms appear in summer and stay until fall. Plant in full sun. Grows 5-7 ft. tall. Zones 7-10.