- Position: light shade
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: slow
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 70cm (+ or – 10% including the pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 20cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
The fleshy, palm-like foliage of this brand new variety emerges green, but it quickly develops a deep chocolate colouring. This makes it quite a dramatic and unusual specimen, that will become a real feature on a side or console table. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Avoid over-watering by allowing the top of the compost to get dry before watering again. Water less in winter. Mist the leaves with water regularly and maintain temperatures above 15°C. Repot every few years in spring.