- Botanical Name:Cotinus obovatus
- Height:10 – 15 Feet
- Spacing:8 – 10 feet
- Depth:Same as in nursery. Plant with stain on roots just below soil level.
- Spread:10 – 15 feet
- Light Required:Full Sun
- Size:12-18 In. Bareroot
- Blooms:Late Spring
- Form:Perennial shrub
- Flower Form:Feathery lime-green flowers become airy pink plumes.
- Soil Requirements:Loamy Soil
- Growth Rate:Medium growth rate. 1 – 2 feet per year.
- Foliage:Medium green to blue-green.
- Comments:A beautiful and highly decorative shrub wherever it is used in the landscape. In June – August seed heads develop into huge fluffy clouds of smoky pink (hence the name) and are prized for their delicate flower-like display. If it gets too tall or open it
Creates an unforgettable display in midsummer when its feathery lime-green flowers become airy pink plumes. In fall, blue-green leaves turn gold, scarlet and purple. Grows 10-15 ft. Prune to tree or shrub form. Resists pests and disease. Full sun. Bareroot. 12-18 in. Zones 4-8.