- Position:bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost with added sharp sand
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 50cm (+ or – 10% including the pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 18cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
Originating from the West Indies and warmer regions of the Americas, where it is grown as an evergreen tree, this plant is still relatively new to the houseplant range. It’s sought after for its handsome, leathery leaves.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: During the growing season, water well, making sure all the excess can drain away freely, and feed with a good, balanced fertiliser. Keep drier in winter.