- Botanical Name:Tricyrtis latifolia ‘Blue Wonder’ and ‘Dark Beauty’
- Height:18 – 24 inches.
- Spacing:12 – 18 inches.
- Depth:1- 2 inches.
- Spread:12 – 18 inches.
- Light Required:Partial Shade, Full Shade
- Color:White with blue purple spots.
- Blooms:Late Summer, All Summer, Fall
- Flower Form:Open star shaped or bell shaped.
- Soil Requirements:Clay Soil, Sandy Soil
- Growth Rate:Moderate
- Pruning:None necessary.
- Foliage:Ladder-like leaves that alternate up slender stems. Medium to dark green with a glossy appearance.
- Comments:In colder areas you may want to grow in a sheltered, warm, but not sunny area to encourage flowering before frosts. Mix consists of Tricyrtis ‘Blue Wonder’, T. ‘Dark Beauty’, T. latifolia.
Popular in cut-flower arrangements, rock gardens, borders and naturalized gardens, toad lilies produce clusters of gorgeous orchidlike blooms in late summer until fall. Easy-to-grow plants have a long flowering period and come in amazing forms and colors. Available in delightful shades of purple-blue, white with purple spots and pale yellow with purple-red spots. Zones 5-8.