- Botanical Name:Pyrus pyrifolia ‘Shinseiki’
- Height:12 – 18 Feet
- Spacing:12 – 15 feet
- Depth:Graft union should be planted 2 inches above the soil.
- Spread:6 – 12 feet
- Light Required:Full Sun
- Pollinator:Chojuro, Drippin’ Honey, Olympic Giant, Shinko, 20th Century.
- Yield:Very productive and is a heavy bearer.
- Size:Standard Deluxe
- Fruit:Medium, round fruit. Yellow skin has very little russet coloring. White, firm flesh is smooth, crisp, juicy, and sweet.
- Form:Large Fruit.
- Soil Requirements:Well-drained, average, fertile soil.
- Pruning:Annual pruning is required.
- Foliage:Green foliage.
- Comments:One of the earliest Asian pears to ripen, you’ll enjoy loads fruit long before others-mature trees produce 500-700 pears each year! This attractive tree naturally grows to a beautiful conical shape that’s covered in springtime flowers.
Reliable producer of delightfully sweet, juicy, yellow fruits that have a firm, crisp flesh. Ripening in mid-August, the uniform fruits are excellent for fresh eating, desserts and salads. The vigorous, heavy yielding trees exhibit excellent resistance to fire blight. Suggested pollinators include: Chojuro, Drippin’ Honey, Olympic Giant, Shinko and 20th Century. Zones 5-9. Gurney’s Deluxe fruit trees include 2 oz. Quick-Cal Pelletized Calcium, 12 oz. bag of Fruit Tree Food Starter Formula and a premium tree guard to protect the trunk for gnawing pests, weed trimmers and mowers.