- Botanical Name:Polygonum aubertii
- Height:25 – 35 Feet
- Depth:Plant in a hole 2x as wide and as deep as the pot- the top of the root ball should at soil surface.
- Light Required:Full Sun
- Color:Cream to white blooms
- Blooms:Late Summer, Fall
- Flower Form:Feathery, tiny white fragrant blossoms in clusters.
- Soil Requirements:Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Growth Rate:Very fast
- Pruning:Prune annually in early spring.
- Foliage:Light green, heart-shaped foliage
- Comments:Requires support such as an arbor or trellis.
Vigorous vine scrambles up fences or a trellis—making it perfect for covering up wire or chain link fences, or creating a privacy screen. Spreading by rhizomes, Silver Lace Vine can also be grown as a ground cover on slopes. From midsummer to frost, clusters of tiny, white, fragrant blossoms open against the glossy, dark green foliage. Low maintenance and growing well in the South and in city conditions, Silver Lace Vine grows up to 20 ft. tall in the first year. Prefers sun to partial shade. Grows in a variety of soil types. Potted. Zones 4-7.